1. Serene, small space living in Gothenburg. Photo Alan Cordic, styling Emma Fischer for Bjurfors.
2. My home at Christmas – photo – me with help from my little six year old), styling Genevieve Jorn.
3. Six beautifully simple DIY Christmas decorations – credit: Marij Hessel for VT Wonen.
4. My bedroom tour – photo by me, styling Genevieve Jorn.
5. Decorating my home with posters – photos / styling by me
6. A romantic Swedish home with vintage touches – home-owner – Cattis sold through Entrance.
I’ve also developed a slight Instagram obsession (haven’t we all?!) and am so happy to have amassed over 50,000 friends! It’s a perfect place to share little snippets of Scandinavian life – including rustic cabins and wonderful corners of Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark. Looking at the top five most popular instagram posts of the year it seems you share this passion too…yay! Here’s a round-up of my…
Top 5 Instagram posts of 2016
1. A canoe trip in Finland – Photography – Henrik Koskelo / @hentus (featuring Konsta Punkka)
2. Christmas in a cosy Swedish home – photo Carina Olander stylist Anna Truelsen.
3. A snapshot of Nyhavn, Copenhagen I captured on a visit to Denmark’s capital city.
4. Pink chair by a desk – Photograph – Anders Bergstedt for Kverteret Mäleri.
5. A charming Little red cabin – this little pic has been separated from it’s owner- can anyone help?
And last, but not least – Pinterest!! Where mood boards come together and ideas come to life (if you can tear yourself away from the screen!). Here’s a round-up of the My Scandinavian Home…
Top 5 Pins of 2016
1. This little pic I took of a corner of my home has had over 1.5 million impressions in the last month alone! It must be that little guy at the top?
2. Quite a few (million) of you like the idea of a bench at the end of the bed like in this Swedish home captured by one of my favourite duos photographer Carina Olander and stylist Anna Truelsen.
3. Stonewashed linens have been everywhere this year – and these lovely ones in the home of Vintage Piken are possibly yours and my favourite! Photo by Line Kay.
4. On Pinterest it’s all in the pink it seems, as the fourth most popular pin was this lovely picture of an Amsterdam bedroom captured by my talented friend Holly Marder.
5. And finally, we do love a gallery wall – and Maaike Koster of My Deer certainly knows how to create one! See the rest of her wonderful home here.
I have to say, these are also my favourite posts and pins from 2016 too! But do you have an absolute favourite?
On a different note, back in the spring I was excited to launch my first interiors book – Modern Pastoral (exploring my passion for rural retreats, and sharing beautiful homes like Milkweed Barn in the Catskill Mountains below!) it was such an amazing feeling to finally get it in my hands and I’m so happy to see others around the world enjoying it too! Thank you!
|Photography: James Gardiner from Modern Pastoral by Niki Brantmark, published by CICO Books.|
This summer we photographed 10 more fabulous homes across Scandinavia for my second book The Scandinavian Home – which will be out in the shops next March – I am so incredibly excited as I know it will be right up your street! Creating the book was the most amazing experience, even when lost on a Norwegian mountain in the dark. I tell you, the site of that magical rustic ski cabin full of layers of sheepskin at the end of the dirt track at 1 am is one I’ll never forget! But more on this in the new year….
And finally – thank you to you all for all your wonderful support and words of encouragement this year, you’re wonderful!
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a *fabulous* new year!
PS If you feel like being horizontal this holiday (isn’t that what they’re for?!) but would still like to feel inspired, you can always explore my archives (full list to the left) – days of inspiration, I promise! And don’t forget to enter the HUGE Houseology give-away to win an amazing gift voucher to spend on your home in 2017 (think all those Scandinavian design items you’ve always wanted!).
PPS see you on January 9th!